Today I implemented my first application having URL rewriting enabled.
The application is created in Asp.net, C# and MS Sql 2005.
The url rewriting logic was working on the my localhost but it didn’t worked on production server.
I was getting an error: The resource cannot be found. while accessing the newly created URL pages.
I searched on Google about this and read lot, but nothing worked.
Finally I re-published the website and again uploaded all the files to production server and now everything worked like magic. Here is the URL: http://theplayclan.com/blog
Somewhere I read to check the permissions on server’s IIS, this method is explained below:
1) Open IIS manager.
2) Right click on your website’s virtual directory, select Properties.
3) Now, click on Configuration (in front of execute permissions option).
4) In the new popped-up window a list comes up as Application Extensions.
5) select .aspx option and click on edit.
6) Make sure that the Verify That File Exists is unchecked. This option explicitly check for the existence of file.
7) Save the settings and try again.
Somewhere it was mention to remove the *.* and regular expression extension mappings from the IIS may also work. The procedure of this is mentioned above.